Friday, August 22, 2008

Trevor & AS

For those who aren't aware, we have been given the initial diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome for Trevor. We've been waiting since the beginning of June for an appointment for further evaluation, which will take place downstate. Unfortunately, we still have yet to get our appointment. At the time, they were booking into December, but I am afraid that all this time, we probably won't end up getting in till Jan/Feb if not later.

Anyways, we have started Trevor on some medications - we felt this was the route to take for the time being. He was having major issues with rage, and obsessive compulsive behavior. The medicine is working wonderfully - we have our Trevor back without all the rage and OCD behavior. He's been himself again and it's been a wonderful thing to behold! However, the medication makes it so he can't go to sleep very easy at night. So we added another medication to the mix, but that unfortunately didn't work. He started becoming aggressive and full of rage again - complaining how he "couldn't take it anymore" his head and brain bothered his heart wasn't we have stopped that medication. It obviously was not a good mix for him.

So this is where we are at at the moment. I feel like I am in limbo here - this waiting is driving me crazy! I just want some definite answers - I want help - I want to know what direction to go in. I feel like I have my hands tied behind my back! And frankly, it sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment