Friday, September 12, 2008

Working mothers!

So I am at my parents house today and I can hear Fox news coming from the living room - I have no idea who was talking, but it was in regards to Palin and "working mothers". Whoever was talking kept repeating "working mothers" over and over and how Palin is helping promote working mothers.

Now here is where I have a problem -

Show me a mother who isn't working! Let's face it - all mothers, whether they have a job outside the house or not, are WORKING mothers! I, currently am a SAHM, but that doesn't mean I just sit back on my butt all day long, popping bonbons and drinking wine - frankly, raising two children is the hardest job I've ever had! If you are a mother, you know all to well, how there are no vacations, no days off, no sick days, no personal days, you are a mom 24 hours a day! To promote "working moms" in the context of only those who work outside the house is a disservice to ALL moms everywhere!

Instead of dividing moms according to their job inside or outside of the house, why not try to bring all moms together?! I, frankly want a candidate who helps unite mothers instead of contributing to the divide that currently exsists!

No comments:

Post a Comment