Monday, November 17, 2008

And so it continues....

I am still working on weaning Victoria - it's been really hard on both of us I must admit. The first two nights, she would wake up right around 1:30am, I'd give her a sippy of milk and she'd play in our bed for a bit, and then off to her crib she'd go. But the third night, I decided to switch to water, as I didn't want her to get into the habit of thinking it was always going to be milk. She didn't mind the water. But the last two nights, she hasn't been exactly happy with me at all. She's clawed at my tank top, trying desperately to get at the breast. It is killing me to have to deny her - I know that is what she wants and it comforts here and I feel like the biggest heel for not letting her have it.

I am still nursing her during the day and this morning after breakfast, I was getting her dressed and I had just gotten her diaper off, and she stands up and latches right on and starts nursing all the while bucked naked - she was frantic - like she couldn't wait to get to it - poor little thing - she wasn't about to let go either. It's just breaking my heart. Why does this have to be so hard?

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. I honestly do not know what else to say. I am thinking of you and Victoria.

    ReplyDelete