Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Asperger's Confirmation

I am too tired to elaborate more at the moment, but we got our confirmation today that Trevor does indeed have Asperger's Syndrome. I finally feel like we can move forward and begin to get the help he, as well as Karl and I need.

And now I can tell family who seemed to think that it was a discipline issue that they were wrong - we have done nothing wrong - he is who he is - and no amount of spanking that child would make his brain different.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    I am glad that you finally got some definite answers. Now you all will be able to get the help/support that you need.
    As for the family... I am sorry to hear that some think it is behavioral and/or something that yon and Karl didn't do right. I am sure that as parents you are both just wonderful! I know that your kids are your life!!
    Please know that you, Karl and Trevor (along with Victoria) are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete