Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

I've been a bit lax in my blogging but in all fairness, Christmastime is a crazy time, isn't it?

Christmas eve we went to my parents house for some food and fun! This is the first time my folks have had any little kids around at Christmas for quite some time. You know it was only 3 short months ago that we didn't even think dad would be around for Christmas, so this was a really special time for all of us. I think dad thoroughly enjoys seeing both children. And Vic totally loves her grampy! My sister Gail and her daughter, Bonnie were there as well. As usual, there was much laughter and silliness to be had. The kids got to open some of their presents as well.

Gail had bought Trevor some Spiderman undies - and didn't take the price tag off of them - well he unwrapped it and holds it up and says, "$3.00"...and we all about died laughing because it was indeed, $2.99! LOL! (BTW, did you know that some people feel that giving kids clothing as gifts, like Christmas gifts is wrong because clothes are a necessity. Who'da thunk it? Who would have guessed that giving children something like clothing was an issue? I have no intentions of stopping that lil tradition - it works for us!)

We came home Christmas eve and both kids went right to bed - we actually forgot to leave out cookies for Santa - thank goodness, Trevor is still young and doesn't quite understand the whole Santa thing, so he was none the wiser about my mistake.

Christmas morning the kids were up around 6am and Trevor immediately wanted to go open gifts, so that is just what we did! It was fun to say the least! Trevor was actually shaking with excitement! Victoria opened up one gift herself and then quickly lost interest in ripping wrapping paper up, so I ended up opening the rest of her gifts for her. LOL! I would definitely say both the kids had a lot of fun and have really enjoyed all their gifts.

Christmas afternoon Karls dad came over and joined us for dinner - we had a wonderful roast, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon, and green beans with cream/butter. And of course, the chocolate pie that Trevor specifically asked me to make! It was a wonderful meal and we all enjoyed it immensely!

But like the saying goes - "all good things must come to an end" and so today, the Christmas tree and all the decorations came down and were put away! Our house is just too small to have that out any longer - I was desperate to have my space back and give the kids room to play again!

And now that Christmas is over, we can begin to think ahead to Trevor's 5th birthday, which is just over a month away. I swear we just brought him home - he can't possibly be 5 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment