Thursday, December 4, 2008

Faith in humanity restored!

So many people discredit the internet and the friendships that can be made online. I've often heard it within my own extended family - the response I get is along the lines, that these people couldn't possibly be my friends because we do not see each other face to face.

Granted, we might not be seeing each other face to face, but we talk regularly, we laugh, we cry, we share our joys, we support each other.

I have come to have many special people in my life thanks to the internet - people who were placed in my life for a reason - and my life will never be the same.

For anyone who thinks these friendships aren't real, I beg to differ. No one will ever be able to tell me that the friends I have online are somehow less because we don't live in the same town.

Imagine my surprise when a package arrived on Tuesday - I had no idea who it was from - it was a Laugh and Learn puppy for Victoria's birthday - and then I had an email from an anonymous friend - someone who knew of our struggles lately - and wanted to do something special for Victoria and I - to let me know that people do care - and this person has chosen to remain anonymous - they aren't looking for recognition or glory - but merely to brighten my day. I thank you for your generosity! Thank you for reminding me that there are still wonderful people out there in this crazy world! When the news is full of heartbreak, and you shake your head wondering what has become of the world today, it's nice to see that decent people still do exsist!

Victoria loves her new puppy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment