Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sickies and Spaghetti

Ah - ha...not exactly the combination you'd first think of is it?

Well, Sunday afternoon after church, Trevor started complaining of a headache - he's almost 5 and honestly has hardly ever been sick, save for a few sniffles or a cough here and there. I can count on one hand how many times this child has actually been down and out sick, and I'd still have a couple fingers left over. I didn't realize at the time, that the headache was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg! From there, he started complaining of being so tired, wanting to nap, being cold, etc. Let's just say by the time he went to bed, he had a fever of 101, was burning up, yet cold, and had put himself to bed at 6:30pm. He was up numerous times during the night, needing a drink or comfort of some sort.

Yesterday he spent most of the day either sleeping on the couch or in his bed. This is a child who no longer naps, and yet here he was practically crawling to his room to go back to sleep. Poor lil guy! He didn't eat much of anything, except some chicken noodle soup last night. And once again, he put himself to bed at 6:20pm.

I've already called him out from school for today - as Karl pointed out, it's just preschool - it's not like he's in regular school, besides, he doesn't need to be getting any other kids sick!

So here we are at 3:20am and I am on the computer, blogging away....why you ask? Because the Fabulous Miss V is now getting sick too! She's been kinda out of sorts for a couple days, not napping or rather napping, but in 10 minute increments - hardly enough time to blow ones nose, let alone get much done. She woke up about 1:30am this morning, burning up - after a diaper change and a temp check, she's at 102 herself - so she nursed for a bit, had some water, and was struggling to get back to sleep. I brought her out and put her in the swing and off to la-la land she went. And that is why I am sitting here!

Here's hoping they both feel better soon and that Karl and I don't get whatever it is, they've got going on!

Now, back to the swing for a second - when Vic was about 2 mths old, the swing we had of Trevor's, died....so we went out and bought a new one. And honestly, I was secretly happy because I wanted a pretty pink swing for my baby girl, and wanted one of the new ones that plugged in! So we got this neat swing from Fisher Price and let me tell you, it was honestly the best $100 we spent! Here she is 13.5 mths old, and she can still fit in it - she's actually got 5 more lbs before she reaches the weight limit! We haven't gone through batteries thanks to the handy dandy plug-in feature! And she is pretty much guaranteed to drift off to sleepyland when in the swing! I can't say enough about it! Seriously, if you are in the market for a new swing, the Power Plus Swing is by far the way to go!

On to other news - the spaghetti - actually it's spaghetti sauce! In between a sick child, toddling toddler, and daily housework, I made a batch of my super fabulous spaghetti sauce yesterday! I ended up with enough for 8 meals - woot! Let me tell you, this is the best sauce ever - and I don't say that just cause I make it, it really is absolutely wonderful! We had manicotti last night and garlic bread - can we say "yum"?

Speaking of food, I bought some Chorizo Sausage on Sunday. It is so yummy! It has a bit of a heat to it, but not that overwhelming-want-to-rip-your-eyes-out type of heat! It's very smooth! I plan on using it to mix in with my ground beef and pork when I make meatloaf - I think it will kick it up a notch and give it some pizzazz!!!

And lastly, I am such a sucker for a sale - I was browsing one of the digi scrapping sites I go to prior to blogging and came across a great kit and one thing led to another, and I found it was on sale NOW for $3 - and I just happened to have $3 in my Paypal...and well, you see where I am going with this, right? LOL! My hands are itching as I type to dig into it and start creating some layouts! If you are interested, you can find it at Oscraps.

Live, Laugh, Love by Createwings Designs. Run, don't walk, and go grab it up for yourself!

Oh and I guess this will be my last thing - after taking care of Vic when she woke up - ie, nursing her, changing her diaper, taking her temp and what not, Karl and I were laying there and he said, "you're a good mommy" - such a simple sentance and yet so full of power! It always warms my heart to hear those words!

No comments:

Post a Comment