Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Decisions

I've been pondering returning to work for a while now - trying to decide what I can feasibly do when you have a child with an ASD, who has appointments every time you turn around, and then of course a toddler. (It's strange to refer to Victoria as a toddler - it seems like she was just born - I still call her the baby)

Ever since I was pregnant with Victoria I have wanted to become a Douala, but I had put the thought out of my head and life went on. Well, I sat down two nights ago and decided to check out the information again, and guess what? I've decided to finally do it!!!

I am beyond excited! It's been a long time since I have felt this excited about much of anything, especially a job/career! I am hoping to start training next month (August) but may have to put it back a month if we are able to find an apartment to move into next month. Either way, I know it's in my immediate future and I couldn't be happier about that!

My actual goal is to start with Birth Douala training, and eventually continue on with Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor training! The idea of helping women at the most glorious time of their life is such an incredible thought! And really, what an honor to be able to help a woman at that time!

I really am looking forward to this new chapter of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about returning to work. My baby is almost 6 and we still call him the baby. LOL! Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete