Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shampoo!

Shampoo - such a simple thing and yet this morning I was reduced to tears. No, not from getting it in my eyes but for what that shampoo bottle represented.

It's a bottle of Head and Shoulders, and no, I do not have dandruff. So why then, do I have this bottle of shampoo? It was my dads shampoo - mom gave it to me shortly after he passed away since she didn't need it. And while, I don't technically need it either, I took it because it was a little piece of dad that I could have. Silly, isn't it?

Every morning I get in the shower and see that now empty shampoo bottle (yes I did use it) and I think of my daddy - it's just one more little reminder of him I have around here. This morning it made me cry because I miss him so! We are going through a hard time right now...the kids are growing up so fast too....and I just want to be able to sit down and talk to him. I just want my daddy!

I suspect that I will keep that old, empty shampoo bottle for a long time to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment