Monday, November 2, 2009

Awesome News!

I got a chance to speak today with Patty Gross from the North Star Foundation - they are a foundation that helps place dogs with children with special needs, for example Autism. We have gotten the green-light to start fundraising for a service dog for Trevor.

I can't begin to tell you what an incredible feeling this is. Karl and I think that Trevor could benefit greatly from a service dog. To be given this opportunity is amazing. I feel like we've been given a gift...new direction if you will.

We need to raise $5000.00 - which covers the cost of the puppy as well as all vet care/transportation/incidentals for the first year of the pups life. I wish we had the money to just write a check ourselves and get it going sooner, but that isn't possible, so we are going to be fundraising.

However, once we raise our money, we will be put on the very short waiting list and in about 6 months, on average, we should have our new family member. I am so excited for Trevor, and us as a whole family.

If you'd like to donate, email me and I'll get you the information you need so that your donation specifically goes to help Trevor!  Just put "Fundraiser" in the subject line so that I don't overlook it.

I will be posting updates as we go along in our process! Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment