Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big bed...little bed....decisions...decisions!!

Victoria has only been in her crib roughly a year. My parents got her the crib mattress as her birthday gift last year, because prior to that, she was in a pack-n-play or our bed. (Being in a 2 bedroom house, space was a premium!)

So when we started throwing around the idea of her moving into a "big" girl bed, we tossed around the idea of a toddler bed or a twin size bed.

Now with Trevor, we did a toddler bed and it didn't last long. Don't get me wrong, the bed itself held up just fine, it was his growing so quickly and getting so big, that outgrew the bed. So I had said if I ever had another child, I wouldn't waste my money on another toddler bed and I'd just go straight to the twin bed.

Well then we have little Victoria, who if she continues on her own little growth curve, could very well use a toddler bed till she's 5. And there is the like new crib mattress that also makes the idea of a toddler bed more appealing. We had decided to do the toddler bed for her! Problem solved, right? Wrong! Then it was trying to decide between a wooden bed or a heavy plastic "Tinkerbell" canopy bed. (Her bedroom will be all Tinkerbell). Karl was leaning more towards the wooden one for aesthetics and the fact it would match her furniture quite well, but I thought maybe the Tinkerbell canopy bed would actually keep her in it and be fun for her....you know, trying to appeal to her childish side...LOL!

But then last night, as she woke up and came to our bed, maybe we should just get the twin bed...and this way when she wakes up and wants mommy, I could go in and lay with her till she goes back to sleep and then slip out and back to my room?!

Yes, I know she is almost two, and while there are times I just want to go to bed and roll about without a care, there is a bigger part of me that enjoys her snuggling up to me and going to sleep in my arms. She's only going to be little for so long...and she's only going to want to snuggle for so long....and besides it's not like she spends the whole night in our bed....

So anyways, now we are trying to decide toddler bed or twin bed...what to do...what to do?!

1 comment:

  1. we went straight to double with both girls. They sleep together, sometimes in Sarah's bed, sometimes in Chloe's.

    I would never fit in a single bed with Chloe alongside me.

    ReplyDelete