Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two years ago my world changed....

Two years ago, Thanksgiving was on November 22.....I was 9 months pregnant and miserable as could be. I wasn't sure if I would even be able to make our traditional dinner for Thanksgiving that year. Thankfully with Karls help, I plugged along and made a wonderful meal. I remember as that day progressed, I could barely walk up the stairs...at one point I remember just collapsing onto the stairs....crying my eyes out....it felt like my pubic bone had split right apart....my feet were so swollen....the pain in my back was unbearable....now don't get me wrong, I was miserable but I loved being pregnant...shoot, I'd be pregnant right now if I could. But alas, back to my story...little did I know that what I felt was just the beginning of things to come. Black Friday was much the same as Thanksgiving in terms of how I was feeling. I remember getting up in the middle of the night...pacing....bent over the dresser - rocking back and forth in pain.

On November 24th, things really started happening...here is a look back at what I posted a year ago ....

My morning started by waking around 4am and having to use the bathroom, only to discover I was spotting. I was just 5 days away from my due date, and the presence of some blood, be it a small amount, but blood no less, left me worried. I woke Karl to tell him what was going on...and went to the bathroom again, only to see a bit more spotting. I put a call into the doctor, and the doctor on call, said it was most likely nothing but to go into the ER just the same, better to be safe than sorry. So around 5am that morning, after our friend Jay came to stay with Trevor, off we went to the hospital. I was registered and immediately brought up to L&D, and hooked up to monitors. I was contracting every 2-3 minutes and they were becoming more painful as they went on.

Long story short, after much discussion about whether to keep me or send me home, my doctor arrived and decided that with the contractions coming so quickly, the fact I was dilated to 3cm, he gave the ok to admit me and prep me for my c/section. I had originally been scheduled to have a c/section on the following Monday - 11/26.

After that things, got rock-n-rollin' pretty quickly! Before I knew it I was walking down the hall to the OR - its like taking your final walk ...lol...you go in as one and come out as two...

And finally, at 11:28am, Victoria Shannon made her appearance - 8lbs 13oz and 19.75 inches - full head of black hair - and every bit as gorgeous as I had imagined.


During my c/section.


Welcome to the world baby girl!!!


So in love....perfect love....


2 Months Old


6 Months Old


9 Months Old


1 Year Old


15 Months








18 Months


2 Years Old

Here is to you Victoria - this is your day - this is your life!!! I love you to the moon and back! You are my world!

Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here an hour
I would give my life for you
This is the miracle of life.
~ Maureen Hawkins"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment