Monday, December 28, 2009

Another tooth bites the dust!

We woke up the day after Christmas to find that Trevor had lost yet another tooth. He now has two and half teeth missing- yes one of the top middle teeth is half way through. This child is strange - he pulls them out when they are starting to get loose.

The kicker is we can't find the tooth - he showed it to us that morning but his room is, or was I should say, a mess again at the time. So, we couldn't find it in his room when we cleaned it up. We had to use this as a time to teach him a lesson about keeping his room clean - we explained that the tooth fairy doesn't come when rooms are dirty and now that the tooth is lost, she most definitely can't come. So he lost out on $$$ from the tooth fairy. Honestly he doesn't seem bothered by the fact she hasn't/isn't coming, but I am sticking to my guns.

I spent an hour or so in his room yesterday making him clean it up - this was after he got a spanking on his butt with the belt for not listening and back-talking me about it. I despise spanking him, especially when it doesn't seem to affect him - he actually will laugh at me, but truth of the matter is, I am at my wits end. I don't know what  to do in terms of discipline with him anymore. I've been told I am too soft and then I've been told I am too hard on him - what the hell?! Parenting Trevor is beyond difficult....I am at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment