Thursday, December 3, 2009

My dirty little secret!!!

I come from a family of "brand snobs", and what I mean by that is, they don't care what car they drive or what jeans they wear, but they will "curse" you for using Hellman's over Miracle Whip or store brand flour over Robinhood, etc. They are essentially "food brand snobs".

I admit, there are a few items that I truly do prefer over their generic counterpart, but I've found for a lot of items, there is virtually no difference.

So if you recall I made Victoria's birthday cake last month...everyone ranted and raved over how delicious it was - it was very moist -shoot, I am drooling just thinking about it.

So what is the secret you ask?

It consisted of store brand cake mixes, store brand pudding mixes, store brand oil, store brand shortening in the frosting....

Yep, that is right...my delicious cake was made from *gasp* store brand ingredients and not their more expensive counterparts.

So I've come to the conclusion that either my family was b.s.'ing me when they said it was great or they really don't know the difference and their brand snobbishness is all in their head!

No comments:

Post a Comment