Saturday, January 2, 2010

Adventures in Sleep....

As mentioned in the past Victoria still doesn't sleep through the night. Part of that we believe is the fact that she's got issues with her tonsils and needs them removed, and part of it is the fact that I think she's just so used to sleeping with us.

Last night our neighbor to the left was not home, so when Victoria woke up, and we were in the middle (ok tail end) of the movie, "Marley & Me", so I thought I'd let her fuss for a bit....well a bit turned into more than 30 minutes of screaming.....I was just dying for the movie to end so I could go put an end to the crying....seemed like it was taking forever.

By the time I got upstairs, she was covered in snot, her eyes were dripping with tears and she had scratched her face somehow and had blood on her jammies. I brought her into bed with us, she snuggled into my arms and went right back to sleep. Karl and I laid there talking and while we'd both like our bed back, at the same time, we enjoy having her there, because she's growing up so fast. But that is not all....here is the truth for me....I am scared to death that I'll "loose" her much like I have Trevor....I want to savor all of this now while I can, because I have no idea what the future will hold for Victoria. I certainly didn't expect loose Trevor to Asperger's Syndrome....I miss that Trevor and wish that I could go back in time and spend more time with him. I don't want that to happen with Victoria...so for now we'll deal with her waking up and coming to bed with us. Life is too short and I have no idea what the future holds for any of us, so I am going to enjoy my baby girl while I can!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN Erin. I was always one of those "my child will NEVER be in my bed" type of mothers. Well, lo and behold, Madelyn sleeps with us most nights. It started out that she was having issues with breathing at night (she has her adnoids out on Tuesday) and it's just sort of escalated. As much as I'd enjoy being able to sprawl out in my bed, I love the fact that she wants to cuddle up in the crook of my arm and just be my baby and let me soothe her. Doesn't happen often anymore so I'm gonna take it as I can!

    ReplyDelete