Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Great Hair Fiasco of 2010

January 26th, 2010 - the date of the great hair fiasco of 2010....hmmm...not that far into the year, I suppose another great fiasco could come along that could outdo this one, but let's just pretend for sake of my blogging today, that this is the greatest one of the year!

Vicky is sick - you know the normal cold type of stuff - runny/stuffy nose/sneezing/achy. Last night I gave her a warm bath after dinner, and then put some Vicks Vapor Rub (yes, Vicks on Vics...lol) on her feet and then socks per the advice so many swear by...then I put some on her chest and put a t-shirt on her before putting her jammies on, in order to insure that she wouldn't get at it and take the chance of her rubbing it in her eyes or mouth. I left said bottle of Vicks Vapor Rub on the nightstand and never thought about it again.

This morning I was cleaning Trev's room while he's out at school and left Karl to supervise Vicky. Well, daddy assumed (and we all know what happens when you assume, lol) that Vicky was in her room playing...but when I opened Trev's door I discovered Vicky sitting in the hall with globs of Vicks Vapor Rub on her hands rubbing it into her hair, much like one does with shampoo.

Of course, like any good mother, I "yelled" at Karl for not watching her closely! LOL! Put her in the tub and bathed her and thought all was good. I got her dressed and proceeded to start drying her hair only to discover that her hair was still very much a grease slick. So undress her and back into the bath once again to wash her hair. Scrub it up real good....rinse it out....and off we go to get dressed again. I start drying her hair and surprise, surprise, but it's still somewhat greasy and reeks of Vicks Vapor Rub. I said the hell with it for today - we aren't going anywhere!

So here she is right now walking around looking like her hair is an oil field....lol....in the immortal words of Trevor, "good times...good times"......sigh..........

1 comment:

  1. That sounds just like what my Jenny would do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete