Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A new day....

Last night was the first night for Trev's new nighttime medication - I gave it to him without much hope for seeing any results so soon. I woke up this morning ...well actually Vicky woke me up this morning and Trev was still asleep. He slept 13 hours last night - didn't get up once!!! It was wonderful!!!

What made it even more special was that Vicky slept in her own bed for 11 hours before waking and coming into our room! That I do believe is the longest she has slept in her own room, in her own bed!

This morning we started the other change in his daytime medication. He still had some issues this morning but again, I didn't expect to see any sort of significant changes that soon anyways. The other change is that the Dr. now has us giving him part of his medication in the afternoon when he gets in from school, as that tends to be his worst time of the day. So he got in today, and had his medication, and was in a pretty good mood overall. There was no fighting with me or Victoria....there was no yelling....there was no cursing....there was no outbursts...and the crazy thing is I didn't even notice till bedtime that the afternoon has been so good. It's funny, you get so caught up in the day to day craziness, that when a good day comes along, you don't even realize it right away. Or at least I didn't!

At 4:30pm tonight, I actually ventured out to Walmart with both kids, something I would normally never do esp. not alone. Taking two tired children into Walmart alone is just not something I do - it's the stuff nightmares are made of. But I did it tonight because I needed food for supper. We went - we had fun - we came home. It went splendidly! No one yelled, cried, screamed, whined, begged for anything, etc. They behaved...they listened....they were nice to each other.

We came home and had supper and Trevor took his nighttime medications and before I knew it, he was giving me a kiss and going up to bed he said. By the time I got upstairs with Vicky to get her ready for bed, he was already asleep @ 6:20pm. He put  himself to bed without a whine, a fuss, a meltdown...nothing!!!

I don't know if I am superstitious enough to believe in jinxing something, but I don't want to jinx this.....but really this was wonderful today! I hope and pray this is the start of good things!!!

You know Karl and I don't want him perfect...we want him to still be a kid....we just want the old Trevor back....and today I had a glimpse of that Trevor and it was delightful indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment