Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year....

I never did give 2010 a proper welcome here on my blog....so to you my friend "2010" I say, "welcome"!!!

There is something rather exhilarating about the start of the new year. I suppose because it's so fresh and there is so much hope for good things to come.

I am hoping that 2010 brings about a lot of change for me on a personal level but also for my family as well. I hate to say I have "resolutions" because giving them that fancy name tends to make them never happen. There is something about making resolutions that puts so much weight onto the things you want to do or change that somehow they become insurmountable, least in my eyes. So instead of fancying it up, I am going to keep it simple this year.

What are some of the changes I'd like to see happen this year?

1. I'd like to work on being more positive. Instead of always focusing on the negative, I'd like to try to see the good in things more often. This is a huge thing for me, because it's just not who I am. But it's one of the things I'd like to work on more.

2. I'd like to finally start my Doula/Breastfeeding Educator classes. I had to put it off this past fall due to finances and moving, but am hoping in the next month or so that I can sign up and get started on that. I am really looking forward to doing this!

3. I'd like to become more healthy, and while yes, that does include loosing weight, I don't want to just focus on the loosing weight as much as getting healthy overall. I don't want the diabetes to get any worse, I want to nip these little health issues in the bud and start being a better role model for the kids in terms of healthy eating and living.

4. I'd like to exercise more.

5. I'd like to start a support group locally for parents of children with Aspergers Syndrome and other ASD's. This area is really lacking in that area and I think this is a definite need for parents like myself.

6. I'd  like us as a family to take a vacation this spring or summer - a real family vacation - someplace kid friendly and relatively purse friendly too!

7. I'd like to see us as a family do more together - actual activities instead of just sitting around watching a movie together.

8. I'd like to do more research on starting my own Scrap for Hire business and if all goes well, hopefully get that off the ground this year.

9. I'd like to work on saving money - cutting back where possible.

10. I'd like to read more and scrapbook more.

11. I'd like to spend more time on me and take better care of me - getting a break when I need it instead of ignoring my own needs.

12. I'd like to sit down and develop a game plan so we can look at moving out of this area and back downstate somewhere in the near future.

13. I'd like to learn more about my camera, so I can feel comfortable taking it out of auto more than I do now.

14. I'd like to learn to be more patient - esp. with the kids. Addmittedly I have a short fuse and unfortunately the kids see that way more than I'd like. I'd like to learn how to better manage my temper and keep it in check and be able to stay patient when the kids are misbehaving, etc.

15. I want to contine working on getting Trevor all the help he needs.

16. I want to continue to journal our journey with Trevor, so that maybe some day we can help someone else who is new to this.

17. I want to continue to blog on a regular basis - strangely enough I have no idea how mnay people actually read this, but honestly just getting it down feels so good - it's such a release.

18. I want to continue to keep up with my other blog and project 365 this year.

19. I want to do better at housework - I used to be so anal about it and lately I've let it go by the wayside - I want to get back to keeping house like I once did as I felt better when everything was clean and in it's place.

20. I want to find one new thing to learn or do - something out of my comfort zone - something that will help me grow as a person on some level.

1 comment: