Saturday, February 20, 2010

Once you go black ....hair color folks...hair color!!!

Karl has teased me for quite some time now (talking over the years), egging me on if you will, to dye my hair black. I've never given it much more than a passing and I do mean, passing, thought!

But I am in a mood....no, not a bad mood, a mood for change. And part of me is considering dying my hair black. Ok, so I am more than considering it as I bought the kit today. But now I don't know if I will have the guts to go through with it. Truth be told I really wish I had the balls to go black and then get some fuchsia "highlights" in it.

Maybe it's the fact I am about to turn 34...maybe in some strange way this is my subconscious trying to stay young?! I don't know - never really gave that much thought!

But I have this damned little person sitting on my shoulder telling me what I've heard all my life from my mother - "overweight women don't look good with long hair or colored hair" - and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of what is making me chicken. I keep thinking if I do this am I going to look like a fatty mcfatty with black hair? Ugh!

Decisions...decisions...what to do?




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is wrong! Do it! I think you'd look awesome with black hair and fuchsia highlights! My natural color is almost black, but since I'm nearly ALL gray (at 33, grrr!) I dye it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel! Do it! I have dyed my hair black twice now and loved it both times.

    ReplyDelete