Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taking a break .....

Yesterday afternoon we were left with no choice but to take Trevor back to the Childrens Crisis Unit. Unfortunately, since he came home, nothing had gotten better - things were the same if not worse! It was a hard decision to make once again but this time, our hearts were somewhat at ease, since we already knew the staff and where he'd be, etc. As it stands now, he'll be there till Friday - time will tell if that changes or not.

I've decided in light of this happening, that I need to take a break from Facebook and another website I frequented with some regularity. I don't have it in me right now to be all happy and positive 24/7 and I have too much going on to give my time to something like Facebook. I deactivated my account so that if I ever decide I want to go back, I can but right now I don't honestly know if that will ever happen. With everything going on with Trevor, I can't be the kind of friend that others are looking for. My world revolves around getting Trevor the help he needs. And I struggle with that every.single.day. I am not a saint by any means. I don't even know how to cope most days myself. This is the hardest thing I've ever done - I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants - there is no manual that explains how to keep a piece of yourself in tact while you give your all to your special needs child. There is no guide book to tell you how to spread yourself over the different areas of your life so that no one or nothing is neglected. I have no idea what will become of the friends I made on FB and BZ - only time will tell.....






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Erin, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family everyday. I wish you nothing but the best and will continue to follow your blog as long as you have one...I hope to see you back on facebook someday!

    Laci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going anywhere! Hope you're not trying to get rid of me because you can't! You're in my thoughts and prayers daily, Erin. Hope things are going OK at home and that you're not being too hard on yourself while Trevor is at the crisis center. Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking about you, even if I'm not seeing you on facebook. :)

    But just remember to take care of yourself, okay? Sometimes a bit of mindless internet time is what a mama needs to regroup, ya know? :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be thinking of you, too. I hope you will be able to return to FB sometime, but I totally understand your need for a break.
    Please let me know if you need anything.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete