Thursday, March 25, 2010

Brioche

I am not sure exactly why but for some reason I got this idea in my head, that I needed to make Brioche. If you aren't familiar with what Brioche is, you can read about it here. I was all set to make it two days ago, only to realize that I didn't have the unsalted butter necessary for making it. So after a quick trip to Walmart last night, I got up this morning ready to make my Brioche. Just as I was starting, I got a phone call. 15 minutes later I was able to continue on with my bread making. I am not sure if that will have screwed things up or not, guess time will tell. I was trying to continue mixing it together while I talked. Next time I will ignore the phone! LOL!

So it's all mixed up and in the fridge, where it has to sit overnight and will wait to be baked off tomorrow. I can not wait!

I really wanted to take pictures as I was making it - I love finding recipes that have pictures of the process - helps to see what it "should" look like...but after that phone call, I totally forgot to do that. Bummer!

The recipe I used can be found here at Epicurous.com. I'll have to update tomorrow after I have baked t off and tried it! If you decide to try it, leave me a message and let me know how it turned out!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment