Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lupron and Micronor and bears....oh my! LOL!

After going to see the Dr. about my Endometriosis a week ago and her giving me the exact same advice that the first OB/GYN did, I have decided to go ahead and start the treatment of Lupron. This will be a once a month injection which will trick my body into thinking I am in menopause. And then to combat the side effects that come along with menopause, I am starting Micronor. I'll do this for 6 months. This is the maximum amount of time they will allow on Lupron because it affects bone density. After the course of the 6 months, the doctor is recommending I get the Mirena IUD. I am still up in the air about the IUD. But I figure I have 6 months to decide what to do about that. We are pretty sure we are done having children (sigh...that is a whole other post), so maybe by the time the 6 months is up, I will decide to get my tubes tied or have a hysterectomy...I guess only time will tell.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment