Saturday, March 6, 2010

Another one of those days....

Yesterday was a rough day here - seems they are becoming much more frequent. I gave Trevor permission to play outside yesterday afternoon provided he didn't leave our porch. Within about 10 minutes, he was gone. I went outside and called his name and finally he appeared up the street. I called for him to come home and he shook his head no. Meanwhile there is another mother standing outside up the street and I hear her yell to her daughters to tell me that my son has been cursing. My heart sank - normally he only does that at home when he's having a tantrum. So the little girls come over and tell me he was cursing and that he also pulled another little girls hair and hat. I was livid. I ended up having to call my 17 yr old niece to come over and give me a hand getting him inside since I couldn't leave Vicky to run after him. She managed to grab him and bring him back home. When I confronted him, he did admit to hitting the girl, but claimed it was because she was trying to hurt him. Honestly at this point I don't know how much I believe from him, but either way, the very fact that he's taking his anger outside the house troubles me. I need to contact his support workers on Monday to see what they have to say about this. As it stands right now, I've told him he can no longer go outside to play alone because he can't be trusted. I know he just wants to be one of the kids so to speak, but at 6 yrs old, I can't have him running off where I can't see where he is and what he is doing. It's just not safe in this day and age. We live in a world full of freaks and weirdos and unfortunately one of the problems is getting Trevor to understand the concept of safety.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment