Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ugly People

Do you notice the ugly people around you? No, I don't mean ugly in terms of physical appearance. I am speaking of people who never smile, never wave, never seem to be happy, etc. Do you notice these people? They are all around us!

I notice them a lot when shopping in Wal-Mart. I don't know if Wal-Mart just brings out the worst in people or what, but quite often I am taken back by the "ugliness" that seems to resonate from that place.

Between the customers and the employees, there are always a bunch that I see that no matter how big you smile at them, no matter how polite you are to them, they just don't seem to respond in kind.

Even in my darkest hour - my most stressed moment - I put on a smile when in public - whether it's in reaction to the little one near us who is cute as a button or the older person alone who just needs that smile to pick them up. It so warms my heart when I see someone light up with a big smile when they see the kids. Honestly, it fills me with pride that others are smiling at my children - that others find them smile-worthy.

But I do have to stop and wonder about those "Debbie Downers"....are they ever happy? do they not realize the impression they give? That smile could be the difference between a good day and a bad day for a person.

I know that I struggle with staying positive in recent months with all that is going on with Trevor and lord knows I use this blog really to get a lot of those feelings out but like I said when in public, I try to put my "best face" forward.

It's kinda sad to see so many people who are "ugly".



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am always smiling at people just to be friendly and get that smile in return. I hate when no matter what you do or say you just can't get a person to smile.

    I work with a girl like that and it drives me nuts! I seriously have NEVER seen the girl smile!

    Even at my darkest times, I always try to smile when around other people in public or at work or when I bring Mason to MDO.

    ReplyDelete