Monday, April 12, 2010

I've got my baby home!!!

Trevor is home!

God, it feels so incredibly good to say that! Trevor is home!!!

Almost 5 weeks later and we brought him home today! I wish I had had a camera to take his picture when they told him he was going home today. He was in shock and so surprised! He just kept hugging me and talking about how much he missed me. It was incredibly sweet!

We've noticed changes in Trevor today since he's been  home - all for the good. I am hoping and praying that this isn't the "honeymoon" period and that these are real changes that are here to stay! It's been amazing to see the difference to be honest. He knows he can not go out without an adult. He asked us right before dinner if he could go out tonight with *us* and because it was so close to dinner and it's been a long day, we told him not today, but that tomorrow if it was nice, we could play outside. And he was bummed but he was able to be redirected rather easily. There was no meltdown at all - not even a hint of one! Hallelujah!

They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and I have to say that being away from Trevor this past month, my heart is about to burst with all the love I have for him. And then to see how excited Victoria was to see him - talk about sweet! Watching the interaction between a 6 yr old and 2 yr old who haven't seen each other in a month is priceless!

Tomorrow he starts back up with his support services. And then on Monday we will go back up to the hospital to meet with his new psychiatrist. There isn't anyone here locally, so they were able to find a child psychiatrist up there who was willing to take a new patient. Woohoo! It's all falling into place!

Life is good! We are all together again! Doesn't mean there won't be other trials along the way, it just means that we got through this one together and together we can face anything that comes our way!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I can't even begin to imagine how hard these past 5 weeks have been on you, and your family. You are such a strong woman and a great mom, I'm sure it was beyond heartbreaking for you to hand your baby over to someone else, but you did it because you knew it would help, regardless of how much pain it caused you. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete