Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Always in my heart!

My apologies to anyone who reads my blog and is also my Facebook friend, as I am about to talk about my dad again. You see, today my dad would have turned 82 yrs old. But he passed away last May 17th - just a short 13 days after his birthday. My heart still hurts....the pain is still very much raw. My dad was such an incredible man - he helped shape the person I am today. He was extremely smart....very giving....a hard worker....and a man who loved his family more than anything.

I used this poem on a memorial card I made for dad's funeral last year and I want to share it now...

God saw you getting sleepy, A cure was not to be, So God put his arms around you and whispered come with me, With tearful eyes we watched you suffer, and saw you fade away. Although we loved you dearly we couldn't make you stay. A golden heart stop beating. Hard working hands to rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us he only took THE BEST.

Dad, I miss you more than words can even begin to express. So much has happened in the last year since you've been gone - things that I wish I could have shared with you - gotten your advice on - things that would have made you laugh and things that would have made you tear up. The kids miss you so much - they both talk of you often. Victoria still points to your picture and tells us that you died and that she misses you and she tears up. It is because of you that Trevor has become so anti-smoking - he doesn't want to see anyone else suffer like you did - he's encouraging others to quit smoking. You'd be so incredibly proud of him. He's been through a lot this past year dad but he's done so well now. He's made such incredible strides - he's done so well in school - he's learned so much and grown so much. He's funny and charming - much like yourself. And Victoria is just such a spitfire - oh her and her antics - you'd be laughing for sure and I can almost guarantee egging her on! LOL! She's such a lil peanut still but she'd fit right around your pinky. She would most definitely be grampy's little girl! And I'd like to think that you'd be proud of me for standing up for Trevor and doing what is necessary to get him the help he needs and deserves.

I do not know about the afterlife....I do not know about heaven and hell in terms that those who are religious do ...but I'd like to believe dad is in a better place ....watching over all of us and smiling at his wonderful family.

Love you daddy! xoxoxox
You are always in my heart!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss Erin. I lost my beloved Dad 18 months ago so I understand your pain. There will always be a hole in your heart where your Dad was, but know that he is watching over you and your family with love. Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete