Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mamas Rock: A Celebration Contest

Let me start off by saying I am becoming a "actions" junkie. What do I mean by actions?


Here is a good explanation from Helen Bradley:

How often do you find yourself performing the same series of commands in Photoshop? When there are typical tasks that you perform on a regular basis, you have two choices; you can do things the hard way by performing each step every time you need to perform the task, or you can get smart and use an action.


Similar to macros in programs like Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Photoshop actions are recorded steps that you perform on an image; these steps can be saved and replayed on another image at a later date.
Photoshop actions automate repetitive tasks—they’re easy to create, easy to use, and, best of all, quite often you don’t even have to create them yourself because someone else has done the work already.


So like I said I am an action junkie! I have started amassing quite the little collection of actions - my favorites by far are from a wonderful artist - Sarah Cornish of My Four Hens Photography. She has such divine actions that I seriously couldn't live without. There isn't a photo I take anymore that I don't at the very least run her "Basic Editing" action on it from her "Photoghraphers Tool Box" set.  When I grow up I wanna be just like her! LOL!!


If you'd like to check out Sarah's website, you can find it here. You can also find her on Facebook here or here on Twitter!


So, imagine my surprise today when I found out that she has teamed up with two other fabulous ladies to host a superbly awesome contest. Seriously this is like the motherload to me! I'd give my left arm to win! Heck, I'd throw in my left leg too! LOL!!


Grand prize bundle includes:


$100 Gift Card to My Four Hens


Pretty Presets Collections I, II and III ($45 value)


$100 Gift Card to Paint the Moon


But that’s not all ... check our individual Facebook pages and blogs for special discounts, sales and random giveaways through to Mama's Day!


Sarah has teamed up with Paint the Moon and Pretty Presets for this contest.


You can find them here:


Paint the Moon Boutique
Paint the Moon Facebook Fan Page
Paint the Moon Twitter




My Four Hens Store
My Four Hens Facebook Fan Page
My Four Hens Twitter


Pretty Presets Store
Pretty Presets Facebook Fan Page


So, what you need to do is run...do not walk...run on over to these sites right now and check them out! I promise you won't be disappointed! This is a fabulous contest - one that can't be missed!


Good luck! And enjoy the actions! :-)




















Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment