Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gratitude

Did you see the new button I put on my blog? Or perhaps you saw it on my Facebook status.

"Keep an attitude of gratitude"

Isn't that fabulous? This time of year, always makes me reflect over everything I have and what I have to be grateful for.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am not grateful the rest of the year, I most definitely am, but something about fall and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, just brings it to the forefront more than ever.

We are having a rough patch right now. Back in September we had to go downstate for a week so that Vicky could have a sleep study and surgery. In the end, the surgery didn't happen. But that trip required Karl to take a week off from work unpaid. Shortly after getting home from that trip we were called about Trevor having to go downstate for a complete neurological work up. It is a 3-5 day hospital stay. With Karl having had to take off that other week, we've had to put this on the back burner for now. We just can't afford to take another at least 3-4 days off, plus hotel and food for such a trip. Thankfully, this isn't something that is crucial to have done right this moment.

So here we are now in October and we've had another "hit" so to speak. Karl gets paid biweekly - he actually gets paid for a week before he works it. So in order to "catch up", this week, his check was only for one week. As I said, once again another hit to the pocketbook. I've been seriously stressed out this week, there were bills that *had* to be paid right now and that has left next to nothing for the next two weeks. I am sick to my stomach with worry. Not just with the right here - right now but knowing that Victoria's 3rd birthday is coming in a matter of a month and then a month after that is Christmas.

I am sure in the end it will all work out and fall into place, but I will worry every second till it does.

So as you can see, stumbling upon that saying, "keep an attitude of gratitude" is really hitting home right now.

I have so much to be grateful for - two healthy children (save for the typical kiddie germs like colds) - two incredibly smart, extremely funny, positively adorable children. I have a roof over my head and while it might not be exactly where I want to live right now, it's serving it's purpose - we have a roof as I said, we have plenty of heat and hot water and all that goes along with it. I have a wonderful husband, who despite my constant nagging and silly antics, continues to love me every day, even when I don't always love myself. My bank account might be close to empty right now but my heart is overflowing with so much love - love I have received and love I have to give.

So I am going to do my best to keep my attitude of gratitude and ask/accept help when needed. We will get through this together - my little family! We might not have it all together, but together we have it all!!!

I challenge you to ask yourself, "am I keeping my attitude of gratitude?"




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment