Thursday, November 18, 2010

Comfort & Joy

What brings me comfort and joy?

The answer is one word: 

Family

I am incredibly lucky to be married to my best friend. We celebrated our 11th anniversary this past April, though we've been together for a total of 16 years. I met him when I was a senior in high school. We moved in together a year later, much to the dismay of my family. People balked....whispered behind our backs....created false stories about where I really was...took guesses on how long we'd make it. But look at us now....I suddenly feel like breaking into that song by Shania Twain - 
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew wed get there someday
 

They said, I bet they'll never make it
But just look at us holding on
Were still together still going strong
 
Yes, we've had our ups and downs, and plenty of tears have been shed. But we've always come out of it stronger and for the better. And really it's easy when you are married to your best friend. 
Together we've created these two most amazing little people. Two amazing children that I'd walk on coals for. Two children who are my whole world! It took a long time to get there - to become a parent - but once we got there, we couldn't have been happier. Life was complete. Our circle as a family was complete. 
 
When I think of my life without my husband and children, it brings tears to my eyes. It literally pains my heart to think of my life without them. I'd never be complete. I wouldn't be the woman/wife/mother I am today if it weren't for them. 
When I am down, I can count on my husband to make me laugh. He's got such a knack for being so crazy and saying the most crazy things are times when I just need it. He finishes my sentences - we share the same thoughts - we share the same crazy, sometimes twisted sense of humor. (If you are reading this honey, think of the bringing  home lost animals" lol) He works so hard to provide for our family, giving me the opportunity to stay home and be the mom I always wanted to be. 

And my children, they can make the worst of times, completely disappear. They cheer me up - they give me kisses and hugs - they color fantastic pictures for me. But really the greatest thing they do for me is love me. They love me as I am - unconditionally - mistakes and all. 
They love me! 

At this time of year, when the holidays are on our doorstep, I am ever so thankful and comforted by my family. 


What brings you comfort and joy? What makes you happy? 
 
Go on over to the "Softness Worth Sharing" web site: http://kleenex.com/softnessworthsharing so you can send a free pack of Kleenex tissue to someone special!

About Kleenex®:
The world's first and America's best-selling facial tissue, the Kleenex® Brand is recognized by families in more than 150 countries. Invented in 1924, Kleenex® Brand facial tissues were initially marketed as a sanitary way to remove cold cream and makeup. Once advertising was shifted to emphasize the product's use as a disposable handkerchief, however, sales soared. Always the innovative leader, Kleenex® Brand facial tissue has met the unmet needs of consumers for more than 80 years with products that provide the essential and uplifting touch that makes life better.

Send a friend a free pack of Kleenex: http://www.kleenex.com/softnessworthsharing
More info: http://www.kleenex.com
Become a fan of Kleenex® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kleenex

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kleenex blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”


 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment