Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mid Week Check

today is day 5 of our new, healthy eating so I thought it might be a good time to do a mid week check in.

We are both doing really well - we've kept on track - haven't gotten off track at all. Aside from yesterday, I am finding my energy seems to be returning. (Yesterday I felt "off" , Karl felt "off" the day before - seems everyone we've talked to around us has had a day or two like that - thinking something must be going around.) I did step on the scale this week. I promised myself I'd only weigh myself once a week - I didn't want to become obsessed with it, but damn it, curiosity get the best of me. I am happy to say that there is indeed weight loss. I won't say how much yet - I want to save that for my Saturday blog, since that is my official weigh in day. Now I am sure that most of it is water weight, but you know what? I'll take it! Because right now seeing any loss is such a huge motivator! It's been that time of the month for the last week, and I always retain water, so I imagine that my first official weigh in will be higher than normal because of it!

My mother noticed a difference in my face the other day - she said it looked slimmer. Karl said my jeans looked looser. And I noticed that my jacket felt a bit looser. So something is happening - things are working!

We've been having some great meals - I must say that I really am enjoying the addition of salad to my lunches and dinners - I missed that. I won't lie and say that I haven't had any cravings, because I've had, but I've plugged along and not given in! Yay me!!

I am actually looking forward to weighing in officially on Saturday! So, how are you coming along? Keep up the good work! We can all accomplish our goals this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment