Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week in Review

It's Saturday again - this week has pretty much flown by! I think the first weeks of changing your eating/exercising habits are the hardest - getting over the cravings - building up your will power - getting into your groove. So, I feel like I am half-way over the big hurdle.

I meant to take my measurements this week and never got around to it. I wanted to be able to see how the loss was stacking up that way as well - I think I'll do that today and just track that from here on out.

One big change that I've made this time around, is tracking my foods. In the past I never did it and I can see now how beneficial it would be. I found on some days, I was really struggling to get my calories in - and it was nice to see where I was at with my fats/carbs for the day. I've been using a site called, My Fitness Pal, to keep track of my food intake and my weight. I've really found I've got to hold myself accountable for everything. Even something as simple as a piece of sugar free gum needs to be counted - because it's not really sugar free - there are still carbs in it. Truthfully, I don't want to waste my carbs on something like a piece of gum - I'd rather have those carbs in the form of some yummy veggies or fruits.

So I got on the scale this morning before doing much else and was *extremely* happy to see a loss - since I started, I've lost 9.4lbs. Now, as I was saying the other day, I know this is primarily water weight esp since I was on my cycle for most of the week and I always retain water, but the thing is, a loss is a loss, and any loss is encouragement and the motivation I need to keep on keepin' on! But I also know that I've worked really hard this week, and that has to count for something.

I have a doctor appointment this coming Wednesday, and I am anxious to see what she has to say when she sees my loss. This is the first time in a long time that I'll be OK with getting weighed at the doctors office - I want her to see that I am indeed making some progress.

I am almost half-way to my first goal and that is so exciting to me. I can already tell there are good things in store for me this year! 

Oh, I've weaned myself completely off caffeine and I've greatly reduced the amount of diet soda I am drinking, and really upped the amount of water I am drinking.

So to recap this first week:
9.4lbs lost
Completely off caffeine

Here's looking at week 2! See you next Saturday for another week in review!




No comments:

Post a Comment