Friday, July 29, 2011

Busted!!!

Tonight I made the Chicken with Shallot Sauce recipe and it was a bust! Unfortunately, several things went wrong with this one. 


1. It called for 6 slices of bacon. Hubby accidentally picked up maple flavored bacon and that horribly fake maple flavor just totally ruined it for me. 

2. It also called for 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, which I normally love. However, in this recipe, it was way overkill. 

3. I made glazed baby carrots for a "side"...unfortunately, after cooking those lil bugger for almost an hour, they were still hard. Why is it those stupid baby carrots take a year and day to cook? This isn't the first time I've had issues with them. The last time I did a pot roast in the crock pot all day (seriously 8 hours) and those damn lil carrots were like hard rocks! What gives? I should note though that the glaze was fabulous. I cooked the carrots in half chicken stock and half apple juice and when I thought they were done, almost an hour later, added brown sugar and butter. 

So all in all, dinner was a flop. Would I try the recipe again? I am not sure - if I did, I would have to some major tweaking! 

Chicken with Shallot Sauce gets a big thumbs down! 




No comments:

Post a Comment