Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update of sorts!

It's been officially 6 weeks (almost 7 actually) since the hysterectomy. Thankfully, I am getting to the point where I am thankful for having gone this route. Those first few weeks were iffy - between the pain and then the subsequent infection I ended up with, getting up hourly to use the bathroom during the night, the insomnia, and the mood swings, I was really questioning if I had made the right decision.

But I am coming around now - I think I am finally getting over the hump, so to speak. The pain is gone, the infection is gone, I am not up every hour during the night anymore, thanks to the HRT therapy my moods have stabilized. I feel good. There I said - I feel good.

I've heard the real turning point in recovery is about 6 months after surgery. With how good I feel right now, I can't imagine how much better I'll be in another 4.5 months.

Along with the HRT therapy, I've been taking my multivitamins and some other supplements and I am noticing some changes in how my body feels overall. And it's a good thing. Even Trev said yesterday that I seem happier and better. He said I don't yell as much, which made me really happy, because I hate being a yeller.

I am still coming to terms with the emotional side of things - I see new babies or pregnancy announcements and it still cuts like a knife. But it's getting better slowly...

I was planning on starting school this coming year to become a Doula and Breastfeeding Counselor, but I've decided to put that on hold. Right now, I can't see myself being able to be around pregnant women or babies on a regular basis. Not that I would do anything wrong, but I think it would hurt so much. Maybe in time that will change, but for now I've decided that I will put that on  hold and explore some other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment