Sunday, August 21, 2011

In the battle of ...

In the battle of woman vs. food, woman won!!!

LOL!

Today I decided to try to making St.Louis cut ribs in the oven. Last week I had done country style ribs, but wanted to take it up a notch. 

I made a dry rub and massaged that on the two slabs of ribs and put them in the oven at noon. My motto is "low and slow"...so I put the oven on 200 degrees and put a foil tent over them, and let them cook. After 3 hours, I started brushing on bbq sauce. Over the course of the next two hours, I brushed on sauce every 20 minutes or so. 

By 5pm, the ribs were done and looked/smelled fabulous. They had such a nice build up of bbq sauce on them. The house smelled divine. 

But the real test was to come....

I made some corn on the cob and french fries to go with it...and then we sat down to eat. 

One bite and I was transported down south to the heart of bbq country. These ribs were a labor of love and it paid off in more ways then one. The bone came off totally clean - they were cooked to perfection - moist - flavorful - smokey - just bbq deliciousness! 

They were the best ribs I had ever had and I am not just saying that because I made them, but because they are seriously out of this world. I used to think I'd have to go down south to get good bbq...but I know now that I can have good bbq anytime and I can do it with an oven. 

Next time I must take a picture ...it will make ya drool, I tell ya! LOL! 

Today I conquered ribs and won!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment