Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11 - Where were you?

September 11, 2001

I had gotten up early to go to the Dr.'s for some blood work. The Dr. was literally around the corner from our house, so I was back in no time at all. Karl and I were sitting on the bed watching the "Today" show. Suddenly they cut in to say a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. I looked at Karl and said there shouldn't be any planes in that airspace - having grown  up in NY, I knew something was wrong. We continued to watch in horror as the events of the morning unfolded. I remember turning to Karl at one point and said that I was surprised that they hadn't hit Washington D.C. and within a matter of minutes, the news showed the Pentagon had been hit. I got this eerry feeling all over me. I was glued to the television that whole day...watching in disbelief...heartbroken for what I was seeing...scared for what it meant for our country...what would become of our country...

Those days after were ones that continued to be filled with disbelief, sorrow, and shock as details emerged...images on television and the newspapers....images that would forever be ingrained in ones mind and heart.

It's been 10 years and there has been much change in our country...but I believe it can only get better.

Frankly, I have to believe it will get better!





Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment