Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Engagement Photo Shoot

Ever since having Trevor, the photography bug has really taken hold of me. At first I content just photographing the kids but lately, I really want to venture out more. I suppose though, I am what has been dubbed, a "momtographer". Apparently, us moms with cameras are really starting to irritate the professionals who feel we are taking away from their business. Here is the thing - we all have to start somewhere. Even the pros were once just a person with a camera. But I guess they have forgotten that. It's a very intimidating business because photography is very subjective. I've seen some of the so-called best of the business and I've not been impressed at all, and I've seen amateurs who knock my socks off.

I find myself torn between wanting to do it like the pros so to speak, and wanting to just follow my own heart and photograph the way *I*want and say the hell with all the "rules".

Back in October I had the privilege to photograph an engagement session for a friend of the family - we had a lot of fun. One of the best parts is that the bride-to-be was open to whatever I had in mind for posing and for processing the photos when I was done. I am really thrilled with how they came out!

Here are some peaks of the session:


















Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment