Saturday, August 25, 2012

The end is in sight!!

Today marks day 12.

12 days of a high protein liquid diet.

12 days of making meals for the rest of the family while I can't eat.

12 days of protein shakes/fat free yogurt/sugar free Popsicle/sugar free jello.

12 days of head games with myself.

12 days of stomach aches & hunger pangs.

12 days of headaches.

On the flip side, I've had...

12 days of consistent weight loss.

12 days of realizing with each passing day that I am stronger than all of the above.

12 days.

2 days to go.

I have just 2 more days to go.

Tuesday morning around 4:30am, we will head out for Bangor. I have to be at the hospital at 8:30am and surgery is scheduled for 10:30am.

2 more days till my life starts all over again.

Sure, maybe that sounds drastic but it's true. This surgery is the tool that will help me regain control of my life and be able to start living again.

I can't say that this has been easy. I just can't! That would be a lie. I've dealt with so many head games ...my own head games. Every day there are little voices who try to derail you...who try to mess with you...who try to get you to fail before you've even started. But every day you have to stay strong and remember the bigger picture and keep the end in sight.

As of today, I've lost 15. 4 lbs.

2 days to go...2 more days to continue to prove to myself I am so much stronger than all of this!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment