Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surgery Update 1

I haven't had a chance to update since my weight loss surgery back in August. I'd kinda like to make this a regular feature here on my blog - use it as a place to let people know how I am progressing! I was so nervous to come out and let people know what I was doing. I've seen so much negativity online regarding weight loss surgery and I refuse to have that kind of negativity in my life. But I am finding I am blessed with so many incredibly supportive people and I am grateful for that!

So, it's been two months since the big day and I am doing amazing! To date I've lost 69lbs - 40lbs just since the surgery. I am no longer on restriction as to what I can eat - that said, I do have to eat smart. I have to watch my fats/carbs and keep those below a certain number, and of course get my protein in. I am learning to enjoy my food and eat to live not living to eat. I read every label of any food that is going in my mouth. I log all foods in my food diary at MyFitnessPal. com. I exercise every day - I've been able to bike 5-6 miles per day now. I've lost 28 inches overall. I've gone down 4 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes.

It hasn't all been fun and games and easy....not by any means. This is hard work...hard work!! Just like every other way to loose weight, it takes a lot of work and dedication.

One of the best things is that the kids are starting to notice that I've lost weight. It makes me feel so good when one of them notices that I can do something that I wasn't previously able to do.

I hope to be able to check in once a week or so and post some updates and share some pictures!









Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment