Thursday, November 22, 2012

Holiday Eats

I decided that today being Thanksgiving this would be another good opportunity to share what I eat - post surgery Holiday meal! 


(excuse the paper plate - thankfully my family is not hung up on fancy dishes lol)

My meal consisted of:

3oz of turkey breast
1/2 crescent roll
1 extra small klondike potato
1 tsp of cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons green beans

Now, I will fully admit I made a mistake today - I didn't eat all my protein first. I enjoyed the veggies and other sides so much, and found myself not able to finish my turkey. (Not to mention I found it rather dry  but Karl assures me it was just me and that is was incredibly juicy)

I didn't weigh the turkey I had left - I am guessing under an ounce. 


And that was what was left when I was done eating. 

My meal totaled: 
Calories: 227
Carbs: 19
Fat: 6
Protein: 23

Thankfully, it was still a good amount of protein for a meal and meets the requirements. 

This is the first year that I can remember not leaving the table having eaten 2-3 plates of food and feeling disgusted and ready to pop. 

I ate till content and full but not ready to burst. 

It's been a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots to be thankful for. 

And as a little side note, I am down 81lbs now. 

Monday I go back downstate to meet with the dietitian for my 3 month post op check-up! 

And I'll leave you with a couple pics from today: 
She was being such a goober when daddy was trying to take our pictures! LOL! 












Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment