Friday, July 11, 2014

Book Review: Working Girl by A.E. Woodward

I was gifted an ARC of Working Girl by A.E. Woodward  in exchange for a review. Let me just say that first and foremost I was incredibly excited to be able to read this book. I fell in love with AE Woodward as an author when I read her other book, "Kismet". Once again, she does not disappoint. She has definitely outdone herself. 

This is one book you'll want to add to your "To Be Read" list *NOW*!!! 

Working Girl is what I imagine a sort of modern day "coming of age" story to be - with family dynamics, friendships, relationships, and enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat! 

Character development is spot on - with a main character that will leave you rooting for her and cheering her on...and characters who you'll want to reach through your book or screen and strangle the very life out of. 

Working Girl brings out a host of emotions...you'll find yourself laughing at times and other times your heart will be torn into shreds. That is the epitome of a good book for me - one that can make me feel a whole range of emotions and keep me wanting and yearning for more. Working Girl was just that book for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment