Thursday, October 30, 2014

30 Days of Lists: Day 3

I am looking forward to: 

1. Moving west...specifically Arizona. Having grown up on the east coast and esp since I have lived in Maine, I've come to realize how much I hate cold weather...and snow...and ice...and freezing rain, etc. I don't do well when 9 months out of the year, the sunshine is hit or miss. I can't stand being cooped up inside staring at the walls during yet another snow storm. I want to be outside...in the sun enjoying the great outdoors. Hubby graduate this May (2015) and then it will probably be the following year when we move. 2016 can't come soon enough. 

2. Getting better physically. My doctor is referring me to another ortho surgeon since my current one feels he's exhausted all his ideas for my knee. I have big hopes that there is a doctor out there who will be able to help me and get me back up and active again. 

3. Exercising. I've had to sideline it when I had my knee surgery in June. I miss it. I dreaded it but once I got it done I felt so much better, not only physically but mentally. Lately I've felt like such a slug. 

4. Getting the final 20lbs off. I am so close to my big goal and I can almost taste it. I've lost 143lbs since I had surgery...20 more and I'd be content as could be...hell, I'd be beyond thrilled. It's been hard cause since then I've had four unrelated surgeries and each one has a period of downtime in which I can't exercise, so I really have to rely on my diet to keep me in check. I am proud to say though after 2 yrs and 2 months, I've not gained any weight back. Woofreakinghoo! It hasn't been easy as I said with all the other health stuff going on but man, I've done it. I am so incredibly glad I did it - these past two years, despite all the other crap, have been amazing. I feel like a whole new person - a new lease on life. 

Stay tuned for Day 4 of 30 Days of Lists tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment